Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Lovely Read.


Inspired by Sex and the City.
Yes, they made it into a real book.

Loveliness starts with happiness. Happiness in a relationship starts with trust and passion; then becomes love. Neither trust or passion could leave a relationship and it remain a success. 

This was one of my favorite books to read. It is full of the most beautiful and heartfelt letters from great men to the ones they loved. There's romance and heartbreak. There's struggle and passion. Not many men show their true feelings like this anymore, let alone write love letters. They are incredible to read.

Here is part of a letter:

Robert Browning to Elizabeth Barrett (on the morning of their wedding day), 
  ...Words can never tell you...how perfectly dear you are to me - perfectly dear to my heart and soul. I look back and in every one point, every word and gesture, every letter, every silence - you have been entirely perfect to me - I would not change one word, one look...

Doesn't it just melt your heart?

1 comment: